The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week…what a week. It started pretty quiet then ended with a hurricane and the smoke alarm going off. That totally switched it from a quiet week to a stressful one.
Hurricane Ian came up through the Carolinas after causing so much damage in Florida. We were predicted to have 4 solid days of rain – Friday through Monday – with high winds and possible tornados, as the storm made it’s way through the state. I was only slightly concerned because we are so far in-land that hurricanes rarely have a significant impact. It does happen occasionally, but in twenty odd years, we haven’t experienced it. And true to form – the four days of rain turned into 24 hours. The wind at it’s peak was only about 20mph and no tornados.
But, it turned cold outside on Friday, during the storm. So cold, in fact, that I had to turn on the heat. When we had the AC replaced a few weeks ago that included a new heating system as well. So when I turned the heat on Friday, that was the first time the new system had been turned on – ever. And the smoke alarm went off. We have a very loud smoke alarm that yells at you, so with the loud siren like sound came the words “Fire. You have a fire in the house,” which is really the last thing you want to hear during a rain storm or when you turn your heat on. Fortunately, we did NOT have a fire. We didn’t even see any smoke. Of course, we could smell the heat coming on but that’s all. We’re not sure what triggered the fire alarm.
Such excitement for one day!
So, that was my week – how was yours?
I had quite a few books sent to me this week – even from Penguin and Scribner, and I don’t remember either of them sending me books before or at least not often. I linked the covers to NetGalley in case you see anything that looks interesting to you 😊
YA and MG Historical Fantasy
We are still watching The Ring of Power and She-Hulk. I haven’t had a lot of time to stream anything other than these two because the new network shows are out. That means I’m in the process of seeing what new shows I like and what I’ll pass on. Then, there are old favorites like Amazing Race and Survivor – you can never go wrong with those two.
- Monday (September 26, 2022) Book Review – The Make-Up Test by Jenny L. Howe and Vanessa Jared’s Got A Man by LaQuette (RomComs)
- Tuesday (September 27, 2022): Book Review – Spells for Forgetting (Mystery with Fantasy elements) by Adrienne Young
- Wednesday (September 28, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (September 29, 2022) Backlist Book & Audio Review – Book Lovers by Emily Henry (Rom Com)
- Friday (September 30, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Monday (October 3, 2022) Book Review – The Empress of Time by Kylie Lee Baker (YA Fantasy)
- Tuesday (October 4, 2022): Backlist Book Review – The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik (YA Fantasy)
- Wednesday (October 5, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (October 6, 2022) Book Review – Hester by Laurie Lico Albanese (Women’s Fiction/Historical Fiction)
- Friday (October 7, 2022) Book Blogger Hop