Hello there! I’m honored that you are considering me to review your novel! I am currently booked through the middle of 2022, so I am CLOSED to review requests
However, at the moment, I’m being pretty picky because I never take on more books than I can provide a thoughtful review. I try to allow 3-4 days to read and one day to process what I want to write. So, each book gets close to one week of my time and consideration.
All requests that make it clear that you have NOT read my review policy/list of acceptable review requests will be deleted. My time is important to me, as I’m sure yours is to you, so I’m appreciative when you take the 5 seconds to read my policy. I just don’t have the time to respond when you do not.
☀️ Things I Am NOT Accepting☀️
1. self published novels: If your novel falls under that category, please do not send me a review request as I’m not accepting them for review. I’m all for indie presses and the freedom to self-publish but, at the current moment, I can’t be the person who reads through the slew of requests I get from self-published authors to find the gems. I pick self-published books on occasion from NetGalley or blog tours, so if your book falls into one of these categories – please let me know with the information requested below.
2. non-fiction requests
Genres I Read
I recommend getting a feel for what I read by taking a look at my review archive. I do read quite a variety of things but these are the genres I typically read.
• dystopian YA
• YA science fiction
• YA mystery
• YA fantasy
• fantasy fiction
• sci-fi fiction (limited)
- Romantic Comedies
- Women’s Fiction/Chick Lit
What Forms I Will Accept:
• physical copy (ARC or hardcover)
• digital copies (I have a Kindle)
Q and A
What Should You Include In Your Review Request To Make It Easier For Both Of Us:
• the summary
• the release date
• any relevant information (especially anything that shows why this would be a good fit for me based on what you see on my blog
• If you have a time frame for when you expect the review to be posted, please let me know that as that will greatly influence my decision and I will have to see if we can commit to that timeline.
What Happens If I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request please understand that by accepting or receiving a book, I do not guarantee that it will be read immediately or posted on the blog immediately. I’ve got an ever growing stack of books that I want to read and a pretty busy life. I will try my very best to read and review in a timely manner but it’s not always doable.
If the book is an ARC, I will try and publish the review on or around the release date and not before. I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of your book should I not feel comfortable doing so. This could be because I’ve run out of time, didn’t really have anything to say about it, etc.
I do try to post my reviews also on Apple Books, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Goodreads as well as this blog, but sometimes I DO get behind on doing that.
What happens if I didn’t enjoy your book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion and it is quite possibly that I won’t enjoy your book and my review will be clear on that. Please understand that I will not write a glowing review just because you sent me the book. That is not my policy, sorry. If you are not okay with the fact that a negative review could be written, I might not be a good fit to send a review request to. I spend time reading a book and I feel like I reserve the right to talk about that experience — even if it is negative. By sending a review request to me, you are acknowledging that a review may be negative, albeit respectful, and I would appreciate that your response to my review be gracious and not attacking.
In addition to reviews, what else are you open to?
• author interviews: depending on how I feel about the book, I am open to the possibility.
• guest blogging: I am interested in guesting blogging on OTHER blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics I am interested to and that are relevant to my site.
I am NOT open to:
• cover reveals
• anything spammy
• paid reviews on my site
• guest blogging that is not relevant to my site.
If you have followed my guidelines and your book falls under my things I’m requesting and you have NOT heard from me, I apologize but sometimes I’m not apply to respond to every request. I really do try though as I’m very honored you want me to read YOUR book! I accept free copies of books in exchange for my honest review of the work and posting of that review.
I can be reached at the following email:
I do not accept phone calls and my address is only given out for physical copies of books AFTER I have agreed to review it.