The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
What a week! This was my boss’ last week, and she didn’t show up for the second of the two days that I worked – meaning that all of the last-minute questions I had and things I wanted to go over – well, none of that happened. So, I guess it’ll just be how I think it should be done rather than how she did it from now on. I’ll probably be happier with that, anyway. I haven’t flexed that independent-thinking-at-work muscle in so long – I don’t know that I remember how but, hopefully, it’s like riding a bike. 😉
We had our HVAC system (heating and A/C ) replaced this week, finally. It really wasn’t so bad. The house stayed pretty cool. The cats hid. So, only minor disruptions. The new outside unit is twice as big as the old unit and loads more efficient. It’s such a big change that I just had to take a picture so you all could see the difference.
We celebrated my husband’s birthday yesterday. Our youngest daughter, since she’s at home for the time being, got to go out to dinner with us and enjoy some yummy cupcakes. We decided on cupcakes because we all like different frostings, and that was truly the easiest way to accommodate the different tastes. I made sure we still had candles, though!
So, that was my week – how was yours?
I am still sticking by my determination to only take widgets (and only ones of those that sound appealing), but yet I received 10 widgets this week! Now, to be fair, Harlequin Trade Press (now HTP Books) sent out blog tour invites, plus they added widgets for other books. Since it’s so many books, I’ve linked the covers to their NetGalley page instead of putting the description.
I read that Echoes is the number 1 show on Netflix, so of course, I had to give it a try. It’s a Psychological Thriller limited series about adult twin sisters who changed places often unbeknownst even to their husbands. (Can I hear you going “eeewwwww” much like I did?) and one of them has gone missing.
- Monday (August 22, 2022): Blog Tour Book Review – The Wedding Cake by Isabella May (Romantic Comedy). (note: I’m not putting my rating on my review tomorrow because it’s a blog tour book, but the final rating ended up being 3.25 out of 5 stars – though on Goodreads it has almost all 5 stars, so I guess I am far in the minority.)
- Tuesday (August 23, 2022): Book Review – Please Join Us by Catherine McKenzie (Psychological Thriller)
- Wednesday (August 24, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (August 25, 2022) Book Review – Lucy Checks In by Dee Ernst (Women’s Fiction)
- Friday (August 26, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (August 27, 2022) Blog Tour Spotlight and Excerpt* of Witches of Moonshine Manor by Bianca Marais (Fantasy/Women’s Fiction) (*I will be reviewing this book in October)
- Monday (August 29, 2022): Blog Tour Book Review – Take My Husband by Ellen Meister (Contemporary Fiction with Dark Humor)
- Tuesday (August 30, 2022): Book Review – Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney (Psychological Thriller)
- Wednesday (August 31, 2022) WWW Wednesday & Blog Tour Excerpt of Number One Fan by Meg Elison (Thriller / Horror?)
- Thursday (September 1, 2022) Book Review – The Dragon’s Promise by Elizabeth Lim (Fantasy)
- Friday (September 2, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (September 3, 2022) Book Review – Ten Years by Pernille Hughes (Women’s Fiction)