The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I’ve been recuperating from last week/weekend all this week. I can’t believe how out of it I’ve been. I’m going to blame the weirdly high CO2 levels in our house rather than my house guests. We aren’t sure why they are high, but opening a few windows has helped get them back down, and we are finally getting our A/C replaced on Thursday. (So if that’s causing them, the new A/C should take care of that.) I think I just need to get a bunch of cat friendly house plants. 😊 Luckily our temps have been in the low 80s this past week.
The transition of being between my old boss and whoever she is replaced with is in full swing. I’ve had to get a password app to keep track of all the new websites I’ve been given access to and my email has become crazy full but I’m still determined to only look at it while I’m at work. Everyone who needs it has my cell number, so if there’s something that can’t wait until I’m in the office next, they can always text me.
This week coming up will be all about getting ready for my husband’s birthday!
So, that was my week – how was yours?
I received a few more books this week that all come out next year. I’m still keeping to my resolve to only request books that I have a particular reason for making the exception. I did request Son of the Poison Rose because it is the second book in the fantasy trilogy that started with Kagen the Damned, which I enjoyed so much. The other books were sent to me by St. Martin’s Press.
For those of you who like The Great British Bake-Off, Netflix has a kids version streaming now. I enjoyed a few episodes of that yesterday.
Then for our movie last night, we decided to give a new movie on Paramount+ a watch – Secret Headquarters starring Own Wilson. We really enjoyed it. Pure entertainment. It gave us Unaccompanied Minors, Spy Kids, and Home Alone vibes. A really good family movie appropriate for all ages with humor for adults that will go right over kids heads mixed in.
- Monday (August 15, 2022): Book Review – The Art of Prophesy by Wesley Chu (epic fantasy)
- Tuesday (August 16, 2022): Book Review – The Housekeeper by Joy Fielding (Domestic Thriller)
- Wednesday (August 17, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (August 18, 2022) Book Review – Ashfall Prophecy by Pittacus Lore (SciFy thriller)
- Friday (August 19, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Monday (August 22, 2022): Blog Tour Book Review – The Wedding Cake by Isabella May (Romantic Comedy). (note: I’m not putting my rating on my review tomorrow because it’s a blog tour book, but the final rating ended up being 3.25 out of 5 stars – though on Goodreads it has almost all 5 stars, so I guess I am far in the minority.)
- Tuesday (August 23, 2022): Book Review – Please Join Us by Catherine McKenzie (Psychological Thriller)
- Wednesday (August 24, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (August 25, 2022) Book Review – Lucy Checks In by Dee Ernst (Women’s Fiction)
- Friday (August 26, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (August 27, 2022) Blog Tour Spotlight and Excerpt* of Witches of Moonshine Manor by Bianca Marais (Fantasy/Women’s Fiction) (*I will be reviewing this book in October)