The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Do you all remember that last October our washing machine died and it took me until the end of the month to get a new one? Well, the new one is now broken. We were doing normal laundry this weekend and during the last load, the machine just stopped draining. So a load of towels is now sitting in my bathtub dripping wet and the washing machine is full of water.
For some reason, the warranty says July, which I have all the proof it was October. But still , technically our warranty ended four days ago. You hear of things like that happening but – I don’t know about you – it just sounds like one of those rare random things. Now, it’s one of our weird random happenstances. Just another headache to add to our list, right?
I’m trying to be calm about it because what can you do? We have a repairman coming out, hopefully Monday – that’s what we scheduled, anyway – and my husband is tinkering with it as I type this up. My daughter is freaking out because she needs to do a load of her work clothes for next week. But, let’s face it, the washing machine could care less.
So, I guess I need to pull out the trusty washboard and metal tub again, but you know what? They don’t sell those anymore. I looked! Go figure!
So, that was my week – how was yours?
Just when I thought I wasn’t going to have any new books this week, two different people from St. Martin’s Pres sent me two very different books, as you will see below.
You may have heard of The Great British Baking Show’s controversial episode designed to celebrate Mexican baked goods. Also, there was a lesser controversary surrounding last week’s episode (I think) because the way they made smores had many Americans up in arms. (They were just too complicated, and I think Americans will never be able to understand calling the cookie/crackers, what we call graham cracks, digestives.) Well we, of course, are watching it on Netflix!
- Monday (October 24, 2022) Book Review – Night of the Raven Dawn of the Dove by Rati Mehrotra (YA Epic Fantasy)
- Tuesday (October 25, 2022) Book Review – Marlowe Banks, Redesigned by Jacqueline Firkins (Romantic Comedy)
- Wednesday (October 26, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (October 27, 2022) Book Review – A White Christmas on Winter Street by Sue Moorcroft (Holiday RomCom)
- Friday (October 28, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Monday (October 31, 2022) Book Review – Dead and Gondola by Ann Claire (Cozy Mystery)
- Tuesday (November 1, 2022) Book Review – Jasmine Zumideh Needs A Win by Susan Azim Boyer (It’s YA but there really isn’t a genre for this book. It’s about an Iranian family in the US in 1980 when the US citizens were taken hostage in Iran)
- Wednesday (November 2, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (November 3, 2022) Book Review – Before You Knew My Name by Jacqueline Bublitz (Psychological Thriller)
- Friday (November 4, 2022) Book Blogger Hop