The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Hope everyone in the US is enjoying their 3-day weekend!
This week was a pretty good week. I did fine on my own at work. I just had one thing that was handed to me that I wasn’t sure about, so I just asked and then handled it. No problem! Under Armour came and did a special event with the kids in our after school program. They also gave out free sneakers to everyone – staff and kids. Shoes like the running shoes shown below 😍
Steph Curry (American Basketball and the creator of a mini-golf game show on US television) came and donated a basketball court refurbishment and some other things to our after school program, as well. He attended Davidson College (where I live) and used to volunteer at the non-profit I work for while he was a college student. He was in town for his graduation and jersey retirement at the college and is working with Under Armour to give back to communities to create safer places for kids to play.
So, it was a big week at my work place!
My nest is full this weekend, as my oldest daughter returned home to spend the long weekend with us. We have just been relaxing, which is always a good thing.
So, that was my week – how was yours?
Wednesday Books (St. Martin’s Press YA division) stayed busy all week sending out ARC widgets to me, and I was very happy to receive the next Finlay Donovan book from St. Martin’s Press!!!!
Young Adult (mix of genres)
I was excited for the new The Rings of Power on Prime, and it did not disappoint in the least. I loved seeing Galadriel and Elrond as younger elves and Durin the dwarf. Galadriel is arguably the main character of this new series and boy is she a strong determined female character!
- Monday (August 29, 2022): Blog Tour Book Review – Take My Husband by Ellen Meister (Contemporary Fiction with Dark Humor)
- Tuesday (August 30, 2022): Book Review – Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney (Psychological Thriller)
- Wednesday (August 31, 2022) WWW Wednesday & Blog Tour Excerpt of Number One Fan by Meg Elison (Thriller / Horror?)
- Thursday (September 1, 2022) Book Review – The Dragon’s Promise by Elizabeth Lim (Fantasy)
- Friday (September 2, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (September 3, 2022) Book Review – Ten Years by Pernille Hughes (Women’s Fiction)
- Monday (September 5, 2022): Book Review – Three Kisses One Midnight by Roshani Chokshi, et.a al. (YA Supernatural)
- Tuesday (September 6, 2022): Book Review – Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen (Women’s Fiction)
- Wednesday (September 7, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (September 8, 2022) Book Review – All Dressed Up by Jilly Gagnon (Mystery)
- Friday (September 9, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (September 10, 2022) Book Review – Lizzie Blake’s Best Mistake by Mazey Eddings (RomCom)