The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I have some busy times ahead, I learned this week.
My sister and 4 of my nephews (ages 5-12) are coming for a visit later this week, so I’ve been busy getting the house guest ready. I’ve also been arranging furniture to create enough space for the number of mattresses needed to comfortably accommodate everybody. I do love puzzles, so I am going to find the best configuration. I’m determined!
And then last week, my boss – who was my friend first and who pulled me in to work at my current position last year – told me she has put in her resignation and will be leaving at the end of the month. I always just want everyone to be where they need to be as I have had to do in the past, so I don’t begrudge her being able to work from home and having the flexibility she needs at this point in her life with the new position she accepted, but it kind of leaves me in a weird place and may mean extra work while they transition to someone new. I guess I’ll just take things one day at a time and see where they lead. It’s just disconcerting.
And a bit of good news – my youngest daughter has a job interview tomorrow. So fingers-crossed 🤞
So, that was my week – how was yours?
A few more widgets came my way this week – both YA – and I have been having fun filling in the holes in my schedule for December with books that have been on my virtual shelf forever. If all goes well, I will be able to read some holiday books in the weeks leading up to the holiday!
This week we decided to give a new movie on Netflix a try. Unchartered starring Tom Holland (Spiderman) and Mark Wahlberg (Transformers). It’s based on a video game that I have never played.
We enjoyed it. It’s based on more the spirit of the game than trying to reproduce the game in movie form. And Tom Holland is just perfect in it with that same humor he has in the Spider-Man movies.
- Monday (August 1, 2022): Book Review – Alias Emma by Eva Glass (Espionage Thriller)
- Tuesday (August 2, 2022): Book Review – Thank You For Listening by Julia Whelan (Women’s Fiction)
- Wednesday (August 3, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (August 4, 2022) Book Review – Such A Good Mother by Helen Monks Takhar (Psychological Thriller)
- Friday (August 5, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (August 6, 2022) Book Review – The Stars Between Us by Cristin Terrill (YA SciFy)
- Monday (August 8, 2022): Book Review – Elodie’s Library of Second Chances by Rebecca Raisin (Women’s Fiction)
- Tuesday (August 9, 2022): Book Review – Long Gone by Joanna Schaffhausen (police procedural/ crime thriller)
- Wednesday (August 10, 2022) WWW Wednesday
- Thursday (August 11, 2022) Book Review – Stay Awake by Megan Goldin (thriller)
- Friday (August 12, 2022) Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday (August 13 2022) Blog Tour Spotlight – With Fire in Their Blood by Kat Delacorte (YA Supernatural Romance)