The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
We are on a road trip this weekend to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to see my youngest daughter’s last dance performance. I got a little misty eyed talking about it with one of my co-workers this week. Dance was such a huge part of both of my daughters lives from age 3 on through college, so of course it has also been a large part of mine and my husband’s life too. And this is the very last performance we will be attending. That’ll probably affect me more than graduation next month, if I’m being honest. It’s like an end of an era type of thing.
I was so excited that NetGalley FINALLY made some changes that many of us have been grumbling about for awhile. They added a withdraw request button for pending requests, and they will also now be putting the read now option on pending requests. For more information, here’s their blog post on it: Everything You Want To Know About Requesting Books on NetGalley. I’ve already had fun with the withdraw request button. NetGalley keeps trying to get me to request Berkley books and, like so many other bloggers, Berkley never approves me…ever… so those requests went away very quickly. To be fair, they had been pending for awhile, and I only requested them because I wondered if Berkley had changed their approval practices. As far as I can tell – they haven’t.
I’ve still been following March Madness and late last night, the Tar Heels made it to the finals. Go Heels!!!! (And since we played Duke, that meant a run on Franklin, which I mentioned a few weeks ago, and this is what that looked like last night ⤵️)
We weren’t sure about Moon Knight. From the trailers it seemed kind of DC dark rather than normal Marvel. Yet, we had to try it, right? It wasn’t dark but it was a bit confusing. I really liked the humor. And, I will be curious to see how it progresses.
- Monday, March 28: Book Review of A Forgery of Roses by Jessica Olson (Mystery/Thriller and Fantasy, YA – 4.5 stars)
- Tuesday, March 29: Book Review of Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (Women’s Fiction – 5+ stars)
- Wednesday, March 30: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, March 31: Book Review of The Younger Wife by Sally Hepworth (Domestic Thriller – 4.5 stars)
- Friday, April 1: Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday, April 2: Spotlight of BBNYA’s Bronze Winner: Accused by M.N. Jolley (Indie published * Supernatural Mystery) w/ review links
- Monday, April 4: Book Review of The Burning Pages by Paige Shelton (4.5 stars – Cozy Mystery)
- Tuesday, April 5: Book Review of Reputation by Lex Croucher (Twisted Romcom) and In A Garden Burning Gold by Rory Power (Epic Fantasy) – (both 4 stars)
- Wednesday, April 6: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, April 7: Book Review of Crimson Summer by Heather Graham (5 stars – Crime Thriller)
- Friday, April 8: Book Blogger Hop