The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer’s permission, Billy @ Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the hop on February 15, 2013. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.
Do you have a bookish pet peeve? If so, what is it?
(submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)
I don’t have too many pet peeves, in general, and they are mostly bookish ones. Here are the ones that I have:
- Changing the publication date without alerting me!!! (This one is particular to ARCs) I am such a schedule freak and my schedule is always tight, so when I do figure out a publication date has changed, I get irritated that (1) I had to do work to find out and (2) that it totally throws my schedule off.
- People not returning the books they borrow from me! I don’t make a big deal about it when I hand over a book, but I do notice when monthes have gone by, and I have not gotten my books back.
- Being interrupted when I’m reading! My husband, who is not a talkative person, has a knack for knowing when I am at the very end of a book, and that’s when he all of a sudden becomes a chatty cathy (love you, sweetie 😘)
- Poorly edited books! How many times have I talked about my disdain for overwriting and forced dialogue. Too many. Those books do not end up reviewed.
- When a book or device won’t fit in my purse! I do some of my best reading while I’m waiting for appointments, so if whatever I’m reading or reading on isn’t easily transportable- that’s a big peeve.
Do you have any bookish pet peeves?