The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
You know that spring has sprung when the daffodils come out to play!
Monday, I was spoiled rotten for my birthday. I had so much good food that I ended up with a bit of a tummy ache. Lol. I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened to me. My big gift was a large (34”) curved screen for my computer. It’s really big and definitely has that “oh, wow” factor.
The rest of the week was quiet with beautiful weather perfect for walks along the lake ❤️
Bought on Apple Books
St. Martin’s Press offered me a copy of Last Tango in Cyberspace along with book 2, The Devil’s Dictionary, but I decided to buy a copy. That way I can read it quickly before starting book 2 without having to worry about getting enough detail for a review.
Thanks to St. Martin’s Press
Thanks to Random House
All I have to say about the first episode of the 2nd season of Picard is “Wow!” What an incredible beginning. I can’t wait to see where it goes.
And I watched the Duke vs. UNC basketball game last night. Duke’s coach, Coach K, retired last night after 47 years of being the head coach. But, of course, my youngest daughter is a UNC undergrad, so I was cheering for Chapel Hill. Those two teams have a fun rivalry as they both are usually in the NCAA tournament at the end of the season, and the campuses are only 10 miles apart. Each team has a special tradition all the students take part in if they win. For UNC, all the students run to Franklin Street where they create bonfires with old furniture in the blocked off street and continue to celebrate. Duke students burn benches in the main quad that the students make specifically for burning if they beat UNC.
Carolina won 94-81, but I kind of felt bad for Coach K not getting a win for his last game that was attended by Dr. Ken Jeong (who is an alum of both Duke and Carolina) and Jerry Seinfeld (whose children attend Duke). My daughter got to “run on Franklin” though for her last UNC – Duke game as a student. ❤️
- Monday, February 28: Mini Book Reviews of Listening Still by Anne Griffin (Contemporary) and The One True Me and You by Remi K. England (YA Contemporary) – both 4-stars.
- Tuesday, March 1: Blog Tour Book Review of The Personal Shopper by Carmen Reid (RomCom/Women’s Fiction – 4.5-stars)
- Wednesday, March 2: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, March 3: Book Review of The Rumor Game by by Dhonielle Claytonand Sona Charaipotra (YA Contemporary)
- Friday, March 4: Book Blogger Hop
- Monday, March 7: Mini Book Reviews of Daughter by Kate McLaughlin and Quantum Girl Theory by Erin Kate Ryan (Thrillers)
- Tuesday, March 8: Blog Tour Book Review of Smile and Look Pretty by Amanda Pelligrino (Contemporary/Domestic Thrillerish)
- Wednesday, March 9: WWW Wednesday
- Wednesday, March 9: Blog Tour Book Review of Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn (MG Princess Adventure)
- Thursday, March 10: Book Review of A Fa Wilder Magic by Allison Saft (YA Fantasy)
- Friday, March 11: Book Blogger Hop