The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This was one of those weeks with low lows and high highs – such a rollercoaster. I got behind on my blog visits, as a result, but I look forward to catching up with your posts in the coming days.
The weather was beautiful Wednesday-Saturday (highs of near 70 (or 21 Celsius) and sunny. We went on many walks around the lake which was so nice. Now, it’s in the 40s today and rainy but it’s supposed to get back up into the 60s again in a few days.
Today is the Super Bowl in the US, which means lots of bad-for-you-but-tasty food and crazy commercials. Oh, yeah and there’s a football game too 😉. We will be having homemade gluten-free mozzarella sticks (which are just as good as any gluten-filled version of the same), potato skins (because you have to have a vegetable, right?) and chicken wings.
Speaking of food, we tried a wonderful soup, this week, at the recommendation of a friend. It was really tasty. I actually cleaned my bowl which I NEVER do. It’s called Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup, and the recipe is so simple, so I’m including it in case you want to try it:
Crock Pot Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
- 2 ½ pound / 1.1 kg of boneless skinless Chicken Breasts or thighs
- 28 oz / 790 g can of Green Enchilada sauce
- 24 oz / 680 g of Chicken broth
- 1 cup / 2 ⅓ dl half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 2 cup / 4 ¾ dl Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz / 110 g cream cheese, cubed at room temp
- 4 oz / 110 g Green Salsa ( salsa verde)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In Crock Pot add Chicken breasts or thighs, green enchilada sauce and chicken broth…cook on low for 6-8 hrs
2. About 30 min before serving Remove Chicken and Shred. the add shredded chicken, Jack Cheese, Cream Cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 and green salsa to crock pot. stir until cheeses are melted. * you can add additional salsa for taste.
3. You can top with sliced avocado, Cilantro, green onion and sour cream and add strips of Crisp tortillas if you like!
It’s simple if you can find cream cheese. Has anyone else noticed that cream cheese is very hard to find? I provided both US and UK amounts for you all and the recipe is naturally gluten free for those who, like me, have to keep the gluten out of their diet. We served it in little soup crocks, which we use often for soup.
That’s been my week, how has yours been?
I watched Marry Me with J. Lo and Owen Wilson because it was on Peacock’s streaming service as well as in theaters. The movie was surprisingly touching. Predictable, of course, but even hubby laughed at a few parts. I went in not fully convinced that I was going to like it, but I ended up enjoying it very much. ❤️
- Monday, February 7: Book Review of Dark Horse by Gregg Hurwitz (Thriller series – 5⭐️’s)
- Tuesday, February 8: BlogTour Book Review of The Night She Went Missing by Kristen Bird (Psychological Thriller 4.5⭐️’s )
- Wednesday, February 9: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, February 10: Mini Book Reviews of Ramses the Damned: Reign of Osiris by Anne and Christopher Rice (Fantasy – 5-stars ) and The Christie Affair by Nina de Gramont (Historical Fiction – 4-stars)
- Friday, February 11: Book Blogger Hop
- Monday, February 14: Mini Book Reviews of Bright Ruined Things by Samantha Cahoe and Reclaim the Stars (collection of short stories) (Both are YA Fantasy and 4-stars)
- Tuesday, February 15: Book Review of Mickey7 by Edward Ashton (SciFy – 5-stars)
- Wednesday, February 16: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, February 17: Book Review of The End of Getting Lost by Robin Kirman (Psychological Thriller/Suspense – 4-stars)
- Friday, February 18: Book Blogger Hop