The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week has been as uneventful and normal as they come. I worked on Monday and Wednesday and spent the rest of my week reading (and writing and taking IG pictures and doing blog stuff). We did receive a small dusting of snow from the storm that caused blizzard conditions in the northeast for our family and friends who live in the area, which surprised me. I didn’t actually think we would get anything.
I did, however, attend three virtual author events which were all very good. Wednesday was the one with Nita Prose and it was handled much differently than others I have attended. All videos were showing on Zoom, and we had like a informal book club meeting for the first half hour. Then Nita Prose joined us and we were able to ask her questions directly rather than just putting them in the Q and A. It was more like a book club on zoom than just an author talk. I learned that Prose didn’t label Molly the Maid on purpose. She used to be a special ed teacher and learned that special education labels out in public can turn very ugly, so she just wanted her audience to experience Molly as she is without labeling her.
I also learned from the virtual author event I attended on Tuesday with Joanna Schaffhausen that Last Seen Alive and the 4 books that came before it in the series are based on Ted Bundy and boy had she done her research on him. If there is something that she doesn’t know about Bundy, I can’t imagine what that is.
Netflix said that I just had to watch The Royal Treatment and who am I to argue – especially when I have no idea what to watch. It stars Laura Marano, who I’ve always thought is a cute actress. The accents were a bit much, especially in the first part of the movie, but otherwise it is a fun romcom. Totally predictable and totally adorable.
I also finished season 2 of The Witcher, and I am happy to report I didn’t have to fast-forward at all with this season.
- Monday, January 24: Excerpts of Light Years From Home by Mike Chen and The Broken Tower by Kelly Braffet
- Tuesday, January 25: Book Review of Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead by Elle Cosimano (soft-boiled thriller with dark humor) 5⭐️s
- Wednesday, January 26: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, January 27: Mini Book Reviews of Last Seen Alive by Joanna Schaffhausen and The Appeal by Janice Hallett (thrillers) 5⭐️s
- Friday, January 28: Book Blogger Hop
- Tuesday, February 1: Blog Tour Book Review of The Iron Sword by Julie Kagawa (YA Fantasy – 4.5⭐️’s)
- Wednesday, February 2: BlogTour Book Review of The Beast and The Bethany: Revenge of the Beast by Jack Meggitt-Phillips (MG Fantasy)
- Wednesday, February 2: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, February 3: Mini Book Reviews of The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb (Mystery – 4.5 ⭐️’s) and The Violence by Delilah S. Dawson (Thriller – 4 ⭐️’s)
- Friday, February 4: Book Blogger Hop