The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This past week was a pretty big week for us. It’s a southern US tradition to remove Christmas decorations before January 1st, and it is one that we have embraced. I believe it is supposed to be bad luck if you leave them up after December. It’s also a tradition to eat black eyed peas and collards on New Year’s Day to bring prosperity in the new year but yuck! So, we undid Christmas this week but did not feast on collards or black eyed peas.
My anniversary was the 29th and my husband and I enjoyed a lovely day together ending with a very leisurely meal at the Melting Pot. Ever since I had to give up gluten, the Melting Pot has been one of my favorites as they do an excellent job with gluten free options. And since they have very private 2 person booths, it just fits that anniversary mood. We got married when I was just halfway through college (my husband had just graduated), so we have been married a good long while now.
Lastly, for New Year’s Eve, we decided to trepidatiously take the dire warnings of health officials and the media with a grain of antibacterial salt and ventured out again, this time for dinner and movie with our daughters. Our county has been masked for all but three months this summer and there weren’t any crowds, so I felt very safe being out and about.
What did you do to celebrate a new year?
On New Year’s Eve we went to dinner and a movie with our daughters. We had Mexican food (at Qdobas) then went to see Spiderman: No Way Home in an RPX theater. I was worried about crowds but I guess many people heeded the dire warnings to stay home (unlike us, which was a rare act of rebelliousness on our part) so we didn’t have to contend with any crowds at all.
Then last night, we watched the Harry Potter 20th anniversary reunion on HBO Max. I tried to binge watch all of the Harry Potter movies yesterday, but when I added up the total hours, it would have taken almost 24 hours, so I just watched the first three before playing the reunion.
Here are my Goodreads’ stats for 2021 in screenshots:
- Tuesday, December 28: Book Review of The Sorority Murder by Allison Brennan (Mystery/Thriller)
- Wednesday, December 29: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, December 30: Book Review of Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins (Psychological Thriller)
- Friday, December 31: Book Blogger Hop: Bookish Christmas Gifts
- Saturday, January 1: Under Lily’s Umbrella: Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Monday, January 3: Book Review of Cold the Night, Fast the Wolves by Meg Long (YA SciFy/Fantasy)
- Tuesday, January 4: Book Review of In Every Generation by Kendare Blake (YA Paranormal Fantasy)
- Wednesday, January 5: WWW Wednesday
- Wednesday, January 5: Blog Tour Book Review of We Watch You by NS Ford
- Thursday, January 6: Book Review of My Darling Husband by Kimberly Belle (Thriller)
- Friday, January 7: Book Blogger Hop