The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I got my booster shot on Friday. It’s funny – I got the Moderna vaccine which has loads more antibodies than any other vaccine out there. Because of this, they recommended only a half dose for the booster. The only reaction I had to the original two shots was arm pain and feeling overwhelmingly tired for a day. My response to the half dose, though, was a bit more intense. I have the arm pain – fun, fun – and at almost precisely the 24-hour mark, I felt horribly sick and realized I had a low-grade fever. It didn’t last long but having somewhat more of a reaction to a half dose totally surprised me.
Do you see this picture? Yes, my deck is finally finished. Hubby did an excellent job! Now we just need to figure out how to get the deck furniture back up on the 2nd story deck with no direct stair access. But that’s a problem for another day.
I splurged this year and bought a Harry Potter advent calendar from William Sonoma filled with the candies found in the movies – like the jelly beans with quite interesting flavors. I set the advent calendar near the lemon tree, which, yes, still has its one green lemon. We had noticed small ant-like creatures in some of the newly opened flowers on the tree, but we thought we had taken care of them. When I opened day one on the calendar, I found out we hadn’t. Day one is in the top left corner of the calendar and, ironically enough, contains a Fizzing Whizbee lemon-flavored candy. The ants somehow found their way into the packaging, and we’re enjoying my day one candy. Luckily they only got in that one candy, so I was able to take care of the ants and save the rest of the calendar.
Thank you to everyone who visited and commented on Lily’s review yesterday. She’s been so excited to do this, and I’m sure the comments made her day.❤️
How do you resist excellent-sounding books when the publisher sends you an email telling you how great the book is and sends you a widget? Especially when they tell you they are giving you an exclusive first chance to read said wonderful book. And look at these covers! Serious cover love going on for me 😍😍😍
I thought Lost in Space was no more but apparently I get one more season. This is an updated version of the show from the 60’s and lasted as long as the orginal – 3 seasons. My husband and I disagree about liking this one. I like it and he doesn’t. I’m not sure why he doesn’t it but I think it’s fascinating and love that there is no end to the thrills.
- Tuesday, November 30: Book Review of Nanny Dearest by Flora Collins
- Wednesday, December 1: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, December 2: Book Review of The Ballerinas by Rachel Kapelke-Dale
- Friday, December 3: Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday, December 4: Under Lily’s Umbrella: Book Review of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Monday, December 6: Book Review of A History of Wild Places by Shea Ernshaw (5-stars) – psychological thriller
- Tuesday, December 7: Blog Tour Book Review of The Girl of Dorcha Wood by Kristin Ward (3.5 stars rounded up to 4-stars) – YA Historical Fiction
- Wednesday, December 8: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, December 9: Book Review of You’ll Be The Death of Me by Karen McManus (5-stars) – YA Thriller
- Friday, December 10: Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday, November 11: Under Lily’s Umbrella