The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
My week started with six loads of laundry waiting to be washed, and while the first load was getting done, the washing machine died. Dead. No more washing. Ever.
I don’t know if anyone else has had the pleasure of needing a new big appliance since Covid began (at least in the US), but getting them is quite a challenge, and it’s gotten worse. Last summer, we had to get a new refrigerator, and even though we chose one in stock, it took about a week or so for delivery. At the time, that seemed like a bit of a wait.
The washing machine, which again we chose one in stock, will not be delivered until the end of the month. Some appliances would be inconvenient but not a big problem if we had to replace them, like the dishwasher or even the dryer. But the washer is something that you really can’t work around, short of buying a washboard and a big metal bucket thing. Do they even sell those things anymore?
I did find out that a dry cleaner I’ve used in the past also does wash and fold so that works as a temporary fix to be used sparingly. I was a little disappointed that they washed and folded my husband’s dress shirts without pressing and hanging, though. It felt like a weird thing for a place that does wash/fold and dry cleaning. I’m anxiously awaiting my new washer and hoping that the delivery isn’t delayed 🤞
As soon as I received the ARC, In Every Generation, I just had to binge-watch season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And, after I finished the book and made the mistake of reading some critical reviews that I disagreed with, I had to go back and watch some pivotal episodes from other seasons (so I could, of course, feel shamelessly vindicated that I – and the author/editors – was/were right and the critical reviews were wrong – lol).
- Monday, October 11th: The Mother Next Door by Tara Laskowski ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ (Domestic Suspense/Thriller) – Book Review and Excerpt
- Tuesday, October 12th: The Keeper of the Night by Kylie Lee Baker ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (YA Fantasy) – Book Review and Excerpt
- Wednesday, October 13th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, October 14th: Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️ (YA Gothic Thriller)
- Friday, October 15th: Book Blogger Hop: Frankenstein or Dracula?
- Monday, October 18th: The Post Box at the North Pole by Jaimie Admans ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (Holiday Fiction) – Book Review
- Tuesday, October 19th: Child of Light by Terry Brooks ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ( Fantasy) – Book Review
- Wednesday, October 20th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, October 21st: Lies My Memory Told Me by Sacha Wunsch ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (YA SciFy Thriller)
- Friday, October 22nd: Book Blogger Hop: Bookish costumes