The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
It’s a three day weekend, so my girls came home. If you have followed me for any length of time, you know how happy it makes me when my girls are home from college. Well, the oldest just finished college, so she’s just home. 😉 We’ve just been hanging out, spending time together. We have fun badgering my youngest about her plans after graduation – with the emphasis on you need to be figuring out your options now, so you can apply to Master’s programs or just have a game plan for finding a job, etc…
We are supposed to go see a movie today. I will post more on that next week in the What I Watched section, but it’s always good to get out and to get out as a family is just an added bonus.
Our week did have a bit of sadness, though. We lost the oldest of our three cats – Peppermint.
We knew it was coming and had plenty of time to mentally prepare, but it’s always sad when a pet who has been a member of your family for 15 years is no longer there anymore.
We know he’s now enjoying all the crab meat his heart desires.
NetGalley Book Haul
all book covers are linked to NetGalley
from St. Martin’s Press via NetGalley
from Simon & Schuster via NetGalley
This week I decided to switch from Hulu Live TV to YouTube TV. I moved to a streaming service for my live television over 3 years ago after having rates raised yet again on our Satellite service. I noticed that the equipment fees were ridiculous and the streaming services don’t have equipment fees. I’ve enjoyed Hulu Live but they charge you extra for little things like DVR space and the ability to fast forward through commercials whereas that stuff is included in YouTube TV for a lower base price. After scouring reviews, I decided to try it and found it was significantly better and I’m saving over $50/month, so win-win.
One thing I have that I didn’t before is the Hallmark channel. So, of course. I had to watch a Hallmark movie. I chose The Winter Princess, and it is every inch a Hallmark movie. I also have BBC America now too, and have been watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine on there. It’s been so long since I watched Deep Space Nine. I know it came out before we had the girls.
Fingers-crossed that I continue to enjoy YouTube TV and they don’t go crazy raising rates.
- Tuesday, August 30th: Book Review of Enola Holmes and the Black Barouche by Nancy Springer ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (YA Mystery)
- Wednesday, September 1st: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, September 2nd: Book Review of Mastermind by Andrew Mayne ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (thriller)
- Friday, September 3rd: Book Blogger Hop
- Tuesday, September 7th: Book Review of Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (Psychological Thriller)
- Wednesday, September 8th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, September 9th: Book Review of Lady’s Ransom by Jeff Wheeler ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (epic fantasy)
- Friday, September 10th: Book Blogger Hop
- Saturday, September 11th: Book Review of The Dating Game by Sandy Barker ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ (romcom)