The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week I made another cake: chocolate cake and chocolate icing with peanut butter mousse and chocolate ganache in the middle. My husband’s birthday was Friday and chocolate and peanut butter together is a favorite. The combination came up in an Instagram conversation about favorite dessert flavors with the wonderful Teri Polen who requested this very cake for her birthday, coming up soon, but I can’t imagine shipping a cake and it arriving in the same shape that it left.
Other than the birthday, which prepping for took up most of my extra time, my week was pretty normal. No tech issues – yay! My little lemon continues to slowly mature – yay! I’ve discovered that disposable masks are way more comfortable than cloth masks. They are so light, I can almost forget I’m wearing them – almost.
How was your week?
NetGalley Book Haul
all book covers are linked to NetGalley
from St. Martin’s Press via NetGalley
This week, I finally watched Suicide Squad II. I liked the original movie and was very curious about this one. It’s very gruesome. I think much more so than the first. But, there’s also a lot of dark humor too. I find the character of Harley Quinn totally fascinating- kind of in a train wreck type of way but fascinating none the less.
- Sunday, August 22nd : Book Review of The Meeting Point ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (RomCom)
- Tuesday, August 24th: Book Review of Where I Left Her by Amber Garza ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ (psyc thriller)
- Wednesday, August 25th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, August 26th: Book Review of The Family Plot by Megan Collins ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ (gothic thriller)
- Friday, August 27th: Book Blogger Hop
- Tuesday, August 30th: Book Review of Enola Holmes and the Black Barouche☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (YA Mystery)
- Wednesday, September 1st: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, September 2nd: Book Review of Mastermind by Andrew Mayne ☀️ ☀️ ☀️ ☀️☀️ (thriller)
- Friday, September 3rd: Book Blogger Hop