The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer’s permission, Billy @ Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the hop on February 15, 2013. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.
Where do you post your reviews?
(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver’s Reviews)
I guess I’ll walk through my review process, which will lists out where I post my reviews.
When I finish a book, I usually write up the rough draft of my review within 24 hours. Then when I’m ready to edit it, usually a day or two later, I put it in Grammarly (which is my friend) and make all corrections. At that point, I consider my review ready to go.
1. My first posting stop is NetGalley.
2. I go ahead and let NetGalley immediately post my review to Goodread’s, which is a blessing and a curse. It reduces how many places I need to go, but most of the time, the edition of the book it posts to is not the edition that I marked as read and gave stars to. That’s annoying.
3. On publication day, I post to an assortment of retailers: Amazon (always), Barnes and Noble (usually), Apple Books, BookBub, and Kobo. I’ve been trying out a new app for reviews called Readerly, but I haven’t been posting to it with any consistency.
4. I have a schedule of when to post the reviews to my blog. I try to schedule those posts near publication day always.
5. I post my review or a small summary of it on Instagram the same day it is posted on my blog.
And that’s it.