The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy 4th to all of us in the US!
This weekend is a full one for me. The girls are home with their cats – so, 4 people and 5 cats. Five indoor cats really ups the amount of time it takes for care and feeding, since all that falls mostly to me. And my Maine Coon princess (Josie) hates my daughters’ cats, though Theo (my orange tabby fluff ball) loves them. It makes for very interesting dynamics.
Today, we are taking a “family trip” to Ikea to purchase some items for the girls new apartment, and I’m going to look for items for the house to replace what’s being taken, i.e. beds. Then late in the afternoon is the town 4th of July parade which is just town members who want to dress up in red, white, and blue walking through downtown behind the fire truck. The first year we went, we were expecting a more traditional parade and boy, were we surprised when it was just fellow town members walking. 🤣
There are no fireworks – I have no idea why they never do fireworks – but the night will end with a concert on the green – the green is a large grassy area in front of the library right on Main Street. Everybody brings camp chairs and blankets and the band sets up directly in front of the library. This year’s band plays what they call “Yacht Rock” and their band name is Thurston Howell – I kid you not. I even provided a YouTube clip so you can enjoy a small dose.
Amazon Prime First Read for July
NetGalley ARC Approval
The girls wanted to watch Luca on Disney+ because they hadn’t had a chance to watch it yet. It was a pretty cute movie. It’s about two sea monsters who want to experience the human world, and has great themes like the true meaning of freedom, the importance of family, and the power of acceptance.
- Monday, June 28th: Book Review of Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon ☀☀☀☀☀
- Tuesday, June 29th: Book Review of The House Guests by Emilie Richards ☀☀☀☀
- Wednesday, June 30th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, July 1st: Book Review of Bone Code by Kathy Reichs ☀☀☀☀☀
- Friday, July 2nd: Book Blogger Hop – Theme Music for Books
- Tuesday, July 6th: Book Review of Where It All Lands by Jennie Wexler ☀☀☀☀ and Book Review of Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim ☀☀☀☀☀
- Wednesday, July 7th: WWW Wednesday
- Thursday, July 8th: Book Review of The Lily Garden by Barbara Josselsohn ☀☀☀☀
- Friday, July 9th: Book Blogger Hop – Where do you post your reviews?