The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer’s permission, Billy @ Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the hop on February 15, 2013. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.
Where do you get book images for your posts?
(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver’s Reviews)
It depends of how I came to have the book. Hi-res images are much preferred over low-res pictures because the sharpness of the details is better with a higher resolution image.
How I get hi-res photos:
- Blog tours almost always provide a hi-res image.
- If I own the book or the ARC comes with the cover included, I screen shot the cover because it is hi-res.
- Sometimes the publishers’ PR department automatically sends them.
- I have been known to email PR departments, if I have their contact info, and just ask. They always have it easily available.
- I use the Amazon Kindle embedded block through WP because it is also a hi-res picture of the cover.
Low-res pictures that I use before I can get the hi-res version or because I don’t have a hi-res pic come from NetGalley, usually. I also get them from Amazon sometimes, especially when I show the different covers from different countries.