Back to Two Book Reviews/Week
No review today! I’m going back to just two book reviews per week except on rare occasions. I am actually posting 4 reviews this week but the rest of month and year is two reviews per week with maybe one or two exceptions. I am going to take the extra time and work on my writing, and I will go back to a bookish discussion type post on either Sundays or Mondays.
October’s Favorite Book
I picked The House Mate by Nina Manning as my favorite this month.
It was a very hard choice. As you will see below, I reviewed some amazing books this month. I picked The House Mate because it was such a surprise ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ read for me. And it was the most surprising ending I have ever read.
I posted 17 reviews this month: 8 fantasy, 5 mysteries, 3 romcoms, and 1 classical historical fiction, plus WWW Wednesday posts every Wednesday and Book Blogger Hop posts every Friday:
- Limelight by Graham Hurley
- The Solace of Bay Leaves by Leslie Budewitz
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell
- The House Mate by Nina Manning
- The Murder Club by Nikki Crutchley
Fantasy / Sci-Fy
- The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter
- Vultures by Luke Tarzian
- Kingdom of Sea and Stone by Mara Rutherford
- A Golden Fury by Samantha Cohoe
- The Emperor’s Wolves by Michelle Sagara
- Venators 3: Legends Rise by Devri Walls
- The Mirror Man by Jane Gilmartin
- The Fall of Shannara: The Last Druid by Terry Brooks
Romcoms and Historical Fiction
- The Code for Love and Heartbreak by Jillian Cantor
- The Wolf and the Water by Josie Jaffrey
- The 12 Christmases of You & Me by Jennifer Joyce
- Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella
Oct. NetGalley Book Haul
I had a moment of panic when I realized that Scrivener on my laptop was no longer linked to Scrivener on my iPad. It took me forever to figure out how to link them last year and I started to form a huge headache over the prospect of having to start that process over. I wrote over 50,000 words on the novel last year but I still have 7 scenes that I need to write, a plot review/edit, and then a normal edit.
I finally hit just the right link and all my work came flooding back into my laptop. Yay! That is my IT style: dumb luck 😊
If you are also doing NaNoWriMo and would like a “buddy”, you can find me under TPulyer. I always love more buddies ❤️
Oct.’s Most Popular Instagram Post
Interestingly, this was my most popular instagram post in October. With the most likes and comments. Though my posts for Love Your Life made the most impressions.
Categories: Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts
See my “About me” on my site.