Always on the lookout for new reads, the following five novels are my most anticipated new releases this month (April 2019):
The Scribbly Man (Book 1 of 4 in the A Children of D’Hara Novella Series) – April 4 2019
A Spy is Born by Emily Kimelman – April 4, 2019
Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline – April 9, 2019
The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling – April 2, 2019
Triple Jeopardy by Anne Perry – April 9, 2019
Samples of these upcoming books can be found exclusively in the Apple Books app if you have an iPhone, iPad or an Apple/Mac computer.
1. The Scribbly Man – this is the only book on the list that I haven’t gotten to read a sample of but I love everything that Terry Goodkind has done to date, so I felt that it was deserving of the #1 spot. The 2nd book in this series will come out August 8, 2019.
2. A Spy is Born has a fun premise – a fledgling actress recruited by the government to be a spy – that could turn into a book that is both action-packed and lined with humor. I’m looking forward to finding out if it does contain both. The sample was action-packed with some tongue-in-cheek humor.
3. Someone Knows starts out with a raw and real look into teenage relationships and ends with the discovery of the truth behind a 20 year mystery. The sample I read was so real and genuine, it pulled me in immediately.
4. The Luminous Dead is a psychological thriller that even in the first three chapters manages to pull you into an intense world that exist mostly in the main character‘s head. This will take a certain mindset to enjoy but looks like it is well worth it.
5. Triple Jeopardy is the second book in a new series by Anne Perry that is easy to get into even if you haven’t read the first book. The characters are endearing and the pace is pretty quick.